Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Brother's Birthday Is Next Monday...

and all I could think about is how I should still celebrate his day, even though he's not here. Instead, I'll probably be in class. He would've been turning 20.

Anyway, I've been struggling to pick a poem for the essay that is partially due on Monday. I seem to be having a hard time finding sources for the poems that I actually want to talk about in the essay. I was hoping to finish it prior to Friday of next week since I want to have no worries for my exciting Gallifrey weekend. I've been planning this convention for a year. I even had a corset made for one of my costumes.

I love it so much.
Nothing will stop me from enjoying myself. So I will push through, and I will be victorious!

Class this week was fun for me. I really do wish more people would share during class though. I don't want to take up all the time, but I get uncomfortable with silence. Maybe it's just my weird thing. I did really enjoy the interplay between myself and (I believe it was) Ellen. I love disagreements and discussions, especially when they incorporate a positive energy. I'm here to learn, and that can't happen without some push back.

I plan on posting a partial draft of my essay by Saturday...of course I'll need to pick the poem fast.


4 comments:

  1. I completely understand the loss of a brother. Felt compelled to respond to this. I lost mine too, and I still keep his birthday marked on my calender. It's coming up soon. He would have been 24 on March 2nd.

    I'm sorry for yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bree. It'll be two years this March that he's been gone.

      Delete
  2. YOU. We share a professor this semester. He's making me make a blog, too. Also, all the hugs.

    ReplyDelete